Friday, October 17, 2008

Violet Rachel Bentley

I'm going to be in trouble: no pictures yet. Just picture Josie. So I'll give you the facts so if you're not interested you don't have to read about the specifics. Violet was born at 8:06am Oct 15th. She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 18 inches long. She has a fuzzy head of dark hair (not as dark or as much as Josie) but she's just so cute! You can stop here. Wednesday morning I was up with Josie (teething) and at 4:30am my contractions were about 7 minutes apart. So I tossed and turned, woke up Dan, packed some stuff, and we got to the hospital about 6am. I was already to a 5/6. Then within a half hour I was to an 8! Ahh! I was in really good control so they still gave me an epidural. Things went so smoothly, it made me realize what a crazy delivery/recovery I had with Josie! I didn't get very many stitches and it was really cool to watch Violet be born and feel involved in her delivery and everything. What a special experience. More later, meaning pictures.

11 comments:

Christensen family said...

Congratulations!!!! What a cute name. I can't wait to see a picture of her.

Stephanie said...

Yea! Congratulations Rachel! I am so happy that everything went so smoothly for you. Enjoy your new little one.

Mindy said...

Congrats! I'm glad that it was so much better compared to your last delivery.

Ju said...

Congrats!! I'm glad everything went so well... Can't wait to see pictures!

)en said...

wooooot!

Melanie said...

Wow you did it again! I can't believe how it gets so much easier each time. You should have like ten kids. I can't wait to see her.

Wedig it! said...

Hi Rachel, that sound like some pretty good news! I love the name Violet. I'm sure Grandpa is pretty fond of it as well. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I seem the most excited out of everyone? I'm trying to out do them.

Rich and Andrea said...

hello! I know you just had a baby and all but if you don't post pictures soon, I'm just going to drive out there and come see her myself! (without calling first)

Melanie said...

Still waiting for pictures.........

melissa said...

violet is such a pretty name, hooray.

Dallas and Suzanne Reynolds said...

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear that everything went well and that you and baby Violet are healthy! Sorry I've been out of touch lately, but I am so happy for you guys!!