Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nike Employee Store


Dan's brother was in town doing some business with Nike Headquarters and got us guest passes to the Nike Employee store. Dan got some awesome basketball shoes for way cheap (because we are important people and got the employee discount.) I got an awesome non-slip yoga mat for $13, not $60--Wow, a dream come true-- and some yoga pants. Very cool. Thanks Dave.

I find it a little interesting when I go into a store that has such a specific style you start to think that you like things that you actually don't. Everyone who works there wears exercise gear all day every day. And if you're not careful, you'll get sucked into thinking that you should too. I feel that way at IKEA sometimes. Haha. All the sudden I want my house to look like this! Chrome and orange. Anyway, have you noticed that tennis clothes are just the cutest? I told Dan that I think we should take up tennis. He agrees. I could wear the cute clothes, and tennis is fun! I've actually only "played" once with Ruthie. It was really fun though. This post is very non-cohesive.

3 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

That is so funny about getting sucked into a stores style. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I guess they must be succeeding at their job if we are feeling that way when we go into their store. Do you do a lot of yoga?

Rachel said...

I go to a yoga class every monday wednesday and friday. It's very fun.

)en said...

This doesn't have much (anything) to do with Nike, but I'm just curious: does anyone else read rachel's blog address as "Doctor Bentley"? Or is it just me.