Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My First Helicopter Flight


I was Dan's first passenger Friday night! We went out about 5 or 6pm. I was a little nervous because I don't like the feeling of my stomach dropping, but it wasn't like that at all. (I had to clarify that I wasn't nervous because of Dan's flying abilities.) We hovered out near the runway, and it was cool to watch the grass blow away from us. He called up to the tower and off we went! The helicopter we flew it was a tiny thing, like the one pictured above. The Troutdale airport is right on the Columbia River Gorge, so we flew up the river and above tons of cool waterfalls, including Multnomah Falls, a popular tourist stop. It was cool to look down on the houses and their yards cleared in the forest on the edge of the gorge. So cool. Anyway, the weather was good and we got down about a half hour from sunset. Perfect. I took a lot of pictures and hope to post them in the future. haha.

5 comments:

Christensen family said...

That sounds like fun. Good job Dan.

Castiel Moyes said...

Very Cool! I am glad that you came back alive....jk

Rachel said...

Haha, that was awesome what Dustin said. I've never seen Dan blush before.

Mary Bentley Williams said...

Nice work Frankie! I still wish we were able to come visit you instead of moving to Canada. What can I do? Bummer.

Michelle said...

Hope to post them my eye!!! I'm still waiting for Josie's birthday pictures!

That does sound very cool. And from the small amount of flight simulator I've played with helicopters, it is hard. And I'm sure it is just like that! haha