Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I just got back from the doctor and I'm only dilated to a 1. But effacing quite well (I don't know the percentage). I was thinking I'd be farther along, so I was disappointed that I was "right on schedule". With Josie I was at a 3 for a month and super effaced. But I got to thinking about all the stress in my life at that time-- with Allison dying and Dan trying to finish his thesis and graduate, working was stressful, we were packing up to move, it was my first kid so all the unknown that goes with that... Sheesh! I have no stress right now. We're not moving. I have a room to put my baby in. Dan's in school and doing great. I've done this before, and I get a birthing suite with a jacuzzi tub and I'm in the same room for delivery until I go home... awesome. So I guess I just have to wait. So that's doable. I'm doing good. I'm just tired. But good!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Life of luxury huh? Good luck with everything.

Ju said...

I remember thinking that with my second... why am I not progressing earlier/faster? But then my midwife told me "your body knows what it is doing this time around, so it doesn't need to work as hard to prepare." That made me feel a little better. :o) Hope you are still doing well! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

Annie said...

Rachel I'm so glad you are doing well. It's hard to sit back, relax, and go with the flow when all you can do is anticipate! All I can say is that I can't believe how much easier the entire experience was with the second baby. Love and thoughts, Annie.

Christensen family said...

Rachel, thanks for the update, I was actually wondering how you were doing this morning. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl either. I wish I were closer so we could hang out and make fudge and peanut brittle. :)

Castiel Moyes said...

At least you have dilated some right? That would probably be EVEN worse if you hadn't dialated at all!

Dave and Becky said...

Rach, I was wondering how you are doing. Any day after the 37th week seems like too long, huh! Glad you're doing well and that you aren't too stressed out this time. That was crazy with Jozy. Missed you at Brig's funeral but it's a little understandable! :) Good luck... keep us posted and hang in there!

Michelle said...

How great!!! I am so excited for your baby to come!!

Melanie said...

Just push real hard when its time. I can't wait to see her.

Mary Bentley Williams said...

HEY RACH! Well atleast we've got eachother right now. I'm in the same boat but my due date has come and gone. I just keep telling myself that she's easier to take care of inside then out. :) Love you!