Monday, February 23, 2009

I am not a hermit.


Alright, here's the deal. I stay home a lot. It's because I have two little girls that I bathe every morning and interupt me a thousand times as I'm getting showered and dressed for the day. Therefore, I can't get out of the house before 11am half the time. Josie takes an afternoon nap, which is priority number 1 for my sanity in the evenings. So that give me two hours to get her lunch, get somewhere else to hang out and get home. (If she doesn't get her nap, everything is a tragedy, for us all.) I don't go to the exercise class (Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the church) because it's way easier to run on the treadmill at my parents' house in the evenings (because we're up there anyway, and Dan's there to help) than hauling my kids to the church in the morning by myself. Third, I don't like to play volleyball (Thursday nights at the church). So, I do stay home a lot, but I love to hang out with people! Adult people! So lets hang out. At night. When my kids are in bed. I'm sure some of you understand.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

haha! That is great. Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes it is just easier to stay home.

Christensen family said...

I completely understand as well. Although right now I am probably the most free that I will be for awhile until after the baby is born and a little older. :) PS. I've been meaning to write and say thank you for the card you sent to me. It made my day. You are the best.

Rachel said...

Actually, Josie's all the sudden stopped taking naps. So I'm free in the afternoons if anyone wants to hang out. haha.

Dave and Becky said...

Rachel you're hilarious. Oh the joys of being a mom with little kiddos, huh! I totally hear you... I love that she "heard" your blog and now Josie's not napping in the afternoons! :)

awsrdksdmj said...

You are Not a hermit, you are a mother, and as such you are making choices. Thank you for putting your priorities in the right place. Thank you for sacrificing, and devoting yourself to my precious granddaughters. I love you, Your other mother, Mom Bentley

Melanie said...

I feel your pain. It will get easier. Dr Willis said with every kid you have it takes an extra hour to go any where. Come over any time we will hang out. Ha ha I hope you guys come down this summer.